Wednesday, December 9, 2009

St. Nick

St. Nick visited last weekend, a tradition my mom started when my sister and I were young. My best friend's mom was a french teacher and she would celebrate with her students and children. My sister and I wanted St. Nick to visit us too, and so it began.

This year Claire received some cute hair bows in her stocking. Big brother Spencer checked them out for her.

Here she is modeling one of her new flower barrettes.
Spencer's main gift this year was too big to fit in his stocking. Lucian created a video scavenger hunt, loaded it onto his iPhone and placed it into Spencer's stocking. The video directed him to walk around the house in a crazy fashion, take a flashlight from a closet and eventually end up crawling in his room to find his gift. We had hidden it under his bed. Pretty fun.

Here is Spencer getting his first instructions.


Claire wanted to see what her big brother was listening to.
One of Spencer's gifts was a video game. On Sunday, Lucian's friend Shawn came over so the three of them could play the game together. This was the scene in our dining room. You can see the TV through the doorway where Lucian was playing.

Claire and I went shopping for the afternoon and she napped while I cleaned out the gutters before the first snow. Can you blame us? I'm happy to have a another girl in house to balance things out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment