Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas festivities began with opening gifts at our house Christmas Eve morning. Spencer was very surprised to open an iPod touch. We think he liked it, based on this reaction. He also hasn't put it down in a week.

Spencer and Lucian got me a jingle bell wreath I had my eye on a few years ago. I saw it in a catalog and thought it would be great for our front door, but never felt like spending the money. Needless to say I was very surprised to receive it as a gift since a.) the company still carried it and b.) these guys remembered! How sweet. It also makes a nice crown as you can see.



Claire and Tatum hung out while we opened gifts. We had the afternoon to ourselves and headed to Lucian's parents in the evening.

Claire took a nap before the big family gathering. Wise girl.

Claire finally got to meet her Uncle Jesse. He was home from Atlanta over Labor Day weekend, but since Claire decided not to come out until a few days past her due date, Jesse missed the big event. Here she is with Kip and Uncle J learning about wine.
Dave shared his box of cigars with all the boys. Here they are enjoying Cohibas on the front porch. Good looking group.

Claire and Mommy.

The big gift of the night was a new Buell motorcycle that Lucian's mom surprised Dave with. Lucian had helped pick it out and hide it at the neighbors until it was time to exchange gifts. He had no idea, a very fun gift. Lucian is now wondering when his Ducati is arriving.

2 comments:

  1. Claire is such a DOLL BABY! She is so gorgeous! I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I too know how handy it is to be able to reach back and find the pacifier. I think at one point I would bring like 5 with me and just keep popping them in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne, we think she's pretty cute too:)
    The pacifier leash you gave us is a lifesaver while driving. I clip it to her car seat belt and then I can just tug on that to find the other end. It works great!

    ReplyDelete