Thursday, November 3, 2016

Our First ER Trip

I made it 7 years as a parent before our first trip to the ER. My parents were up to help us for the week while I was shooting commercials. My mom called with the news that Kyle had fallen at the park after school and she was pretty sure he needed stitches. I made some phone calls to our providers to figure out where to go and determined the Children's ER was the place to be.

I will say, Kyle was quite the trooper. He didn't seem to be in too much pain, which made the whole thing easier. He got to wear this cool gown, watch tv and stay up way past his bedtime. Oh, and he got a popsicle for dinner. What could be better?



In all seriousness, I am really grateful to have this facility here. The doctors and nurses were amazing and he is healing like a champ. And here are a couple funny highlights I don't want to forget.
  • After having some laughing gas, the PA, whose name was also Kyle, was examining the injury. As he poked around at Kyle's lip, my Kyle started to touch and pet his beard. We all had a good laugh.
  • They told me when coming to after sedation, seeing double is very common. Kyle awoke and told me "Mommy, you have four eyes!" He also mentioned there were now two TVs.

He stayed home the next day (we didn't get home until 11pm) and rested. And dad even got him some new Rescue Bots while picking up his medication.


No comments:

Post a Comment