Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Apple Field Trip

I was able to chaperone a field trip with Kyle's class to the apple farm. I surprised him when he got off the bus at school that afternoon. He eagerly showed me around his classroom, his carpet spot and all the cool toys. I was assigned a group of boys and we boarded the bus to the farm.


The boys in my group were very sweet and eager to sit by me and hold my hand. Kyle had a little trouble sharing his mom, but figured it out in the end. 

One of the boys fell asleep on the bus riding back to school. I had to hold him so he didn't tip over into the aisle. I was a little unsure if it was ok to cuddle this boy I'd never met. But realized how fortunate I was to take the afternoon off and join my son. And if it were Kyle who needed help on the bus, I would sure hope someone else could be there for him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment