Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Holiday Weekend (and more)

Both kids had a successful trip to the dentist recently. Kyle was asking to wear his pirate costume that morning. I saw no reason to take off to go to the dentist.
My friend Amanda and I ran a 5k. Man I need to do that more often. Anyone have some workout motivation for me?

I was speaking to Claire about some issues in my hometown, Rockford, IL. There have been a lot of shootings lately and some issues in my parents' neighborhood. Our little problem solver had a lot to say about it. She wanted to tell people what she thought about it all, so we made a sign that we sent to Nana. I hope they listen.

Lucian and Nana Kathleen took the kids to the zoo recently. I loved getting all the photos while I was at work. They had great weather and a great time.





We went out for ice cream that night. In an unusual display, this little guy devoured his scoop and cone. He wore it well:)
We spent a lot of time in the yard over the holiday weekend. Still lots to go, but we are making progress.
And, we had visitors. We picked up Nana Barb and Papa Joe from the Milwaukee airport after a trip they took. They were nice enough to stay over so Lucian and I could enjoy a night out.
They even got in some extra play time while Lucian and I kept at projects in the yard the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment