Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weekend Trip

We packed the car Saturday morning and headed to Rockford for an overnight at my parents. Aunt Mimi came with me and wrangled the children on our drive. Good thing too. I would need a set of Inspector Gadget arms to deal with the requests of these two on my own.

Our first stop in the Rock was Beef-A-Roo, one of our local favorites with a terrible name. We offered to pick up lunch there on the way in:)

Claire and I have been reading Pinkalicious, a story about a young girl that eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink. Nana helped us make pink cupcakes. And thanks to a food coloring mishap, my hands actually did turn pink. Mimi, Claire and I have tickets to see a Pinkalicious play in a few weeks.

Claire loves to play with the toys my mom saved from my sister and I. Here she is rocking out with My Little Ponies.

When we returned, Claire played for a few minutes riding her bike between the snow.

Nana Barb made Claire an awesome calendar to sort out the days of the week and where she goes each day.

Kyle enjoys pink cupcakes too.

And last night, Claire asked if she could wear her swim suit in the bath. Why not, right? It was a regular pool party.

No comments:

Post a Comment