Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Go, Go, Go

That is exactly how I feel most of the time. I took the day off on Friday and spent the entire morning at the spa, thank you Lucian. It was my birthday present and very much enjoyed. It was kind of hard to relax for that long, but a good exercise none the less.

I picked Claire up in the afternoon and took her to her first dentist appointment. I talked about it a lot before and she seemed fine with the idea. They had a tv with Curious George on and a bucket full of prizes. It all seemed good until it was time to open her mouth. Claire wanted nothing to do with the process. The dentist got a good look in her mouth as she cried, but no cleaning this time. We will try again in 6 months.
I took advantage of the one-on-one time and stopped at the library next. We picked out some new books and then headed to get frozen yogurt. Both of these activities were much better received.

As part of a downtown event called Gallery Night, Lucian's office showed short films and music videos in their space. Lucian also got to display some of his photography work, images from a wrestling show called Mondo Lucha. I took the kids down to experience the show and support Lucian's photography work. You can see more of his photos here.

Spencer and Claire enjoying a short film. Claire loved the popcorn.

Saturday morning we hit up gymnastics. Here is Claire just before class.
After class Mimi joined the little ones and I on a trip to Rockford. We stayed overnight and headed to my childhood apple orchard on Sunday. The weather was great and I was happy to have 3 extra adults to tend to my babes. Claire was quite a handful that day.

Claire got to ride a pony

Kyle looked at pumpkins
 

and hung out in the stroller. He is a chill dude (thank goodness).
 Our little guy is on the move and now has 4 teeth coming in. We love our sweet Kyle Reed.

1 comment:

  1. Adeline was the same way at her first dentist appt. the good news is a year later she LOVED it. We read Lots and Lots of books about going to the denist.

    Yeah for Spa Day!

    ReplyDelete