Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Is It Spring Yet?

I stopped at Target over the weekend and bought Claire a swimsuit, complete impulse buy. We were there for diapers and wipes, paper towels, that sort of thing. I walked by the baby clothing and reminded myself she does not need any clothes. Then I spotted the swim suit rack. How cute are little girls swimsuits? I couldn't resist. This was Saturday and our snow had melted and spring was on the way, right?

Wrong. We were dumped on again, in true Wisconsin fashion. I believe we got somewhere around 4-6" on Sunday and another 6" on Monday. Lucian happened to escape, spending the weekend snowboarding in Vail with his cousin Matt. This is the kind of snow I like to see. Not in my driveway.

Saturday morning Claire and I had a play date with her friend Sydney. Unfortunately Syd was sick and had to cancel. We were headed to an indoor play place we had heard about. Since we were up and ready to go by the time we got the call, I decided to take her anyway.

The place was great. Lots of rooms with themed play activities; a grocery store, musical instruments, dump trucks with soybeans, a science lab, art supplies, etc. In the center was a giant crawling play gym with slides, tunnels, balls and such. Claire is a little small to do that on her own, so I had to crawl through it with her. We had a lot of fun.
Checking out at the "grocery store"

She loved running with her cart
You can never have too much cow bellUnder the climbing gym
Looking out from the top
A tunnel (yes, I fit too)

Backing up to last week, Claire's daycare was closed, so Nana Barb and Grandpa Joe watched Claire for 3 of the days. They helped with dinner and enjoyed some bonding time. I think they have recovered now. That girl is tiring!
At the dinner table. Papa even got her to eat some vegetables!
We went to Kopps for an ice cream treat on Fri. night
Claire loves milk shakes. Who doesn't?

I watch the show Glee and they recently performed a few Justin Bieber songs on the show. I have managed to avoid hearing any of his music until watching the episode, and I must say they are rather catchy tunes. I found myself singing "Baby", probably his most popular hit, around the house and Claire would sing it too. I wondered what the song actually sounded like, so I looked it up on YouTube. Big mistake. Claire loves to watch the video. She sings along, she dances, she zones out. We have watched it 100 times. I kid you not. She officially has Bieber Fever.

Claire and her sock monkey. She is getting more into stuffed animals and dolls.
Claire toppled over in a small wood rocking chair, hitting her head on her book case. It was a pretty bad accident, you can see the scrape and bruise between her eye brows. We've been calling her Frida Kahlo. And we put the chair away for now.
Claire loves to bring people their shoes. She picked these out for me the other day for work. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't everyone grocery shop in their swimsuit? BTW,how does she keep getting cuter and cuter?

    ReplyDelete