Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mom's birthday

I enjoyed a nice long weekend, taking Friday off to celebrate my birthday with my sister (her birthday also) and Claire. We met for lunch and then headed to a cute little pumpkin patch, with a stop at Target in between:) The weather was perfect for such an activity. I'm really glad we took advantage of the day.

Eating lunch

Claire spent a good amount of time checking out these bins of gourds. It was perfect for her to balance in front of and lean into, since she isn't quite walking on her own. I probably should have bought one for her!




We posed at the school bus cut out, again a perfect height for her. She stuck her head through all on her own.


Auntie M let Claire drive

We fed some chickens. I was afraid they would peck her hand and it would hurt, so we kept a little distance. When telling Lucian about it, he said he would have let her feed them herself. Guess I'm a bit of a chicken.

Then we helped Auntie M pick out some pumpkins. We plan to get ours next week with some friends. I did buy some honey crisp apples and 2 caramel apples though.



Claire really enjoyed climbing over all the pumpkins and making her way through the piles. It was so cute.



She wouldn't look at the camera, so I asked her: "How big is Claire?"

Friday night we met Lucian after work at a favorite restaurant of ours, Three Brothers, for some Serbian food. We had an amazing dish called burek, a filo dough pie, and moussaka. It was delicious and Claire was an absolute angel. I had a wonderful birthday.

Saturday we attended Sydney's first birthday party. Claire wore a fun party skirt and her pink cow girl boots. Here's Claire all ready to go. She loves pushing her walker all around the house now.



Such a serious face. We were watching Sydney eat her cupcake at this point.

Sunday evening we caught up with Sydney (and her parents) again for dinner.It was a great relaxing weekend overall. Here's Claire and dad looking different directions at dinner.






1 comment:

  1. I See Sydney's parents also have a big floating baby in the background of their photos. ;)

    ReplyDelete