Sunday, October 10, 2010

Big News!

Claire took her first steps on Friday night! She walked in between Lucian and I, taking 3 or 4 steps all on her own. I almost cried I was so happy for her. Our nephew, Geremiah, was with us too, so I set him up with my iPhone to record our attempts to repeat the event. (I shot it vertically, so it looks a little strange here.) Claire thought it was hilarious as you can see. She took a few more steps Sat. and Sunday, walking in between us again. It's so exciting!



Later that evening, Claire started blowing kisses too. Auntie Sarah came to pick up Geremiah and Claire blew her kisses while pushing her walker around. I tell ya, this girls is melting my heart.

Saturday we drove to the western Chicago suburbs to meet up with a number of my college girlfriends and their families. It was lovely to catch up and meet all the new babies. The weather was unseasonably warm, around 90°! Crazy for mid October in the midwest.



The girls, hubbies and babies




Spencer is passing me up!

This farm had a crazy amount of activities; playgrounds, a petting zoo, pony, camel and giraffe rides. And a giant rocking chair, of course.


I had to ditch Claire's leggings and socks it was so hot!


I french braided Claire's hair on Sunday. She was standing at the sofa playing with books and she let me get one side done. Then Lucian held her while she drank a bottle and I managed to complete the other side. They are a little crooked and messy, but cute none the less. We'll practice again.


2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure Claire is the only one year old with French braids! It was so nice to see you guys, I'd love to meet up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you guys too. We should plan another get together. We'd be happy to come down there when we have a little more time to hang out.

    ReplyDelete