Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

We had a great week with Lucian home again. He didn't ride into work all week, so I had the benefit of double teaming Claire every morning. I think I was on-time to work every day!

Saturday's weather begged for a pool. Spencer went to an outdoor pool to hang with some friends and Claire and I went to Target to buy one for her. I blew it up and filled it water while she napped. I even used an old trick of my Dad's and brought out a few buckets of hot water from inside.

Waiting for Claire to wake up

Pre pool. She was crying because I took away a blade of grass she wanted to eat. Thanks for the adorable swimsuit Auntie M!

She splashed and crawled around, checked out the warning label at the bottom of the pool and tried to grab floating leaves and grass. I'm excited to do it again. Lucian was in a golf outing all day Saturday, so I shot video of the whole thing. I'll try to edit that and post it later in the week.


Lucian was back in the saddle Sunday morning. He biked with 2 other guys to Holy Hill and back, about a 60 mile ride I believe. Spencer, Claire and I had breakfast waiting; french toast, eggs, hash browns and sausage. In the afternoon, we headed to Nana Kathleen and Papa Dave's to celebrate Father's Day and our niece Lydia's second birthday.

Proud Papa

Dave got a pig roasting grill for Father's day, so we broke it in. All the kids got a kick out of seeing the whole animal.

Claire loves books lately. Lucian and Claire read while Spen and I played ladder ball.

Spen and Aunt Sarah... serious concentration

Claire in the grass

I took this photo while my parents were visiting last week. Grandpa Joe is great at entertaining Claire while I get something done. It's best if I'm out of site, so often they walked around outside. Happy Father's day Grandpa Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment