Sunday, March 21, 2010

Girls' Road Trip

Claire and I went on tour this weekend. We headed to Rockford Saturday to visit with my family. I was able to stop and have lunch with my friend Hilary along the way. It was great to catch up and hear what she is up to. Claire was an angel while we ate and visited, playing with her toys and her favorite; a package of wipes. It was nice to break the trip up a little as well.


We got to spend time with my aunt Mary Ann who is visiting from Georgia. She was happy to meet Claire as were a number of my parents' neighbors.




We stayed overnight and visited with my Grandma and Aunt Kath today.




Catching a quick snuggle with Nana Barb.



Claire is a grandpa's girl. She lights up when she sees him and laughs at all his antics.

I love that they are making the same face in this photo.

On the way out of town I stopped and bought a mirror so I could see Claire in her car seat as well as some sun shades for my windows. She slept almost all of the way to Rockford, but was up for a while on the way back. The shades were lifesavers for the sunny drive and I loved being able to see what she was doing in the mirror. They are both a must in my book when traveling with a baby on your own.

Claire is fighting some congestion and a runny nose. She is so close to sitting up on her own. We are making progress with solid foods, she has tried carrots and prunes now and she hates apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment