Sunday, March 14, 2010

6 Month Check-Up

Claire had her 6 month check-up this Friday and she is doing great.
Here are her stats:
Weight: 18lb. 4.5oz (90%)
Length: 29-1/2" (95%)

Her doctor really enjoyed showing us her height progress in his book. She is continually off the chart. She got 4 shots, including 2 flu shots, and did pretty good until that night when her legs seemed very sensitive. Poor girl, shots are no fun.

We have clearance to work our way through fruits and vegetables. She has tried bananas, sweet potatoes and apples so far. She can have baby puffs (a quick dissolving grain puff, kind of like cereal) to teach her to feed herself and water from a sippy cup to learn to drink on her own. She did actully get one puff from her bumbo chair tray into her mouth yesterday. I've never been so proud. Honestly, it was the best thing to watch her succeed at something like that. Being a mom is amazing.

The Dr. couldn't believe she was still in her infant carrier car seat. We finally made the switch this weekend after a trip to the grocery store where Lucian proved to me she could sit in a cart. I propped her between my purse and a blanket. And with the strap in the cart, she really had no problem. I put her new car seat in my car today... how did she get so big?



Here is Claire riding in her new seat, although you can hardly see it:)

Lucian took a couple more cool photos with the iPhone app we love. Check out that hair!

2 comments:

  1. WOW> I can't believe she is already 6 months. She is so adorable. Have fun with food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne. I am making all of her food so far. I'm surprised how easy it is! I was always impressed when you talked about it and posted pics. Hope your trip to Boston is going well.

    ReplyDelete