Monday, September 22, 2014

Running Around

My parents were in town last weekend. They watched Kyle all day on Thursday and helped with pick-ups while I was working late.
We tried out the fireplace in the new house by making s'mores. It works great!

This weekend, I ran a 10K Saturday morning. My sister and I originally signed up to do this together, but an injury kept her from running:( She still showed (super early mind you) to cheer me on and take some photos. Lucian and the kids were planning to come as well, but everyone was still sleeping at race time, and you don't wake a sleeping child on Sat. when you don't have to.
The run went surprising well given how little I trained. With the move and several other things things this summer, longer runs just didn't happen. I was happy with my time and am thinking of doing the half marathon next year.

Sunday we got out to a local fall festival. Kyle was very grumpy because we didn't allow him to play on some plastic slides at the church where we parked. I spotted this lot of hot rod cars and his mood quickly changed. He was in heaven, we just had to keep him from touching anything. We grabbed some food and headed out right as it started raining.
When the rain cleared, we went out on a walk in our neighborhood. A neighbor gave us a tour of her gigantic garden/yard. She gave the kids super big leaves as we traipsed around. We proceeded to meet more neighbors on our walk and our :15 minute stroll turned into 2 hours outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment