Sunday, September 14, 2014

Frozen Party

The movie Frozen is all the rage with young girls, and Claire is no exception. She wanted an Elsa party for her 5th birthday. We hosted at our house with Frozen balloons, decorations and a pin the nose on Olaf game.


 We had an Anna and Elsa piñata with strings all the girls could pull to release the loot. Claire still talks about how her cousin broke the piñata open last year and how she wanted to be the one to break it this year. I thought this sounded easier:)


Kyle enjoyed a sucker or two.



My mom had sent me a "Pin" several moths ago of an Elsa Barbie cake. Claire happened to see it and was very insistent that we make that cake. I agreed. My boss happens to be somewhat of a cake guru, so when I discussed my plan with her, she insisted I not cut any corners and gave me recipes and supplies. I likely would not have made one this elaborate without her urging, but it turned out great! Claire was super excited and it tasted delicious. I'd say all the late nights were worth it.



Claire received some awesome gifts...
including beautiful dance costumes...
and a pet fish. She named her Elsa, of course.

Hard to believe this beautiful girl is 5. We had a fabulous day celebrating Claire.

1 comment:

  1. Great party! Beautiful birthday girl, gorgeous cake, delicious food and wonderful company. Could not ask for more, even the weather cooperated.

    ReplyDelete