Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm a Dirty Girl

Saturday morning I participated in the Dirty Girl 5k Mud Run. It's an event that I have been working on, designing their website, merchandise, signage and everything in between for months now. It was really cool to see all the things I had worked on in place and (finally) participate in the actual event. I had numerous family members running in my wave, as well as some close friends.

The course was 5k with 11 obstacles, 10 of which I was able to complete. I decided to skip climbing the 20ft. cargo net pyramid, thinking I didn't need to explain to my Dr. if something were to happen. We had a lot of fun, despite the fact that it rained the whole time and delayed our start due to lightning and thunder. Of course, as we were leaving the weather cleared for the remainder of the day.

Auntie Blanca, Nana Kathleen and I pre-race (and pre-rain:)


Nana Barb and Grandpa Joe Arrived Sat. to watch Claire while we attended a wedding in the afternoon. They brought an early birthday present for Miss Claire; a Radio Flyer wagon!

Here's Claire and her cousin Lucy trying it out.

My prince at the wedding reception
Lastly, we got a swing for Claire that Lucian painstakingly hung on Sunday in our front yard. She loves it and even pushes her baby in it.




No comments:

Post a Comment