Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another Weekend Down

Where does the time go? We started our Sat. with coffee and a scone before running errands. While in the car, I found an extra nuk. Claire was saying "2 nuks" and then putting them both in her mouth at the same time. I suppose we'll have to take those away pretty soon, but it made for a silly photo.

We rode our bikes down to the lakefront for lunch. We tried a burger and custard place that opened up last summer, I believe. It was delicious and we enjoyed amazing weather the whole time.

Gearing up to ride home

We have been wanting a small table for Claire since she refuses to sit in a booster or high chair. We finally found one on Craigslist and picked it up this weekend. So far it's a hit and now she has a space for arts and crafts where I don't mind if she makes a mess:)
Sunday morning, Claire and I made an impromptu trip to the zoo with Amanda and Sydney while the boys were out biking. They have a zoo pass and I'm thinking I'll get one too. It's great to run over there for a couple hours and not feel like we have to see every exhibit and do every fun activity. You can always hit it next time! We looked at a number of animals and then rode the train around the park. This was Claire's first train ride at the zoo and she loved waving at all the people.

We asked the girls to hold hands when they weren't in their strollers. They looked so cute!
Waving on the train
Sydney on my lap


3 comments:

  1. Glad her new clothes are coming in handy for more than Mexico! Can't wait to deliver the next batch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There certainly is a strong father/daughter resemblance in the Alterra photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucian looks just like my dad but more benevolent

    ReplyDelete