Monday, November 8, 2010

Rockford Bound

Nana Barb is recovering from hip replacement surgery, so last weekend Claire, Auntie M and myself headed to Rockford for a visit. Claire wasn't walking the last time they saw her, so her new found mobility was fun for them to observe.

Claire rarely stops moving. She walks from room to room to room looking for something to play with a few seconds and then keeps going. This morning she was pushing a laundry basket all around the house.

Nana's walker isn't quite like Claire's. For one it doesn't play music.

While recovering, Nana Barb knit Claire this poncho and hat. They are so cute! I wish I had inherited the knitting gene, I can only make scarves.

Snuggling with Grandpa Joe before bed

A FaceTime video call with daddy

Claire loves to go through my purse and wallet. I created a wallet with cards that I don't use and are safer if they are lost but she still wants the real deal.

Claire and Auntie M sporting their Bear's attire. I thought Illinois was a safe place for Claire to wear hers.

Our daycare was getting rid of an extra kitchen set, so Claire has a new toy. She loves playing with pots and bowls and silverware. We think this will keep her busy for a while.

Claire is getting better at communicating what she wants and repeating words. I think more "ma" is her most used. She signs it too. She uses this most when she wants what we are eating, especially if it's dessert! She says wow and whoa and versions of up, dog, nose and banana (na na na). She will repeat things frequently too. So far baby, water, apple, grandpa and poopy are memorable ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment