Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reunion Weekend

This past weekend Claire and I traveled to Rochester, NY to visit with 2 of my college girlfriends and their kids. We left Friday morning and returned Monday evening. It was a great long weekend with friends I wish I could see much much more.

Claire did great on our flights. I must say, people are really nice when traveling alone with an "infant." (I use that term loosely, since she will be 1 year next month!) We had great seats, cooperative passengers next to us and lots of help from the airline. Claire napped on our first flight and was well behaved and awake on the second.

Somewhere over Ohio?

Napping peacefully

My big girl:)

We had lunch at Mike and Nicole's house upon arrival and let the kids break into the toys. There was quite the selection.

Then we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. All the kids loved the kiddie pools. I think Claire is about to "hug" Nathaniel here. He was so-so with the hugs.

Nicole's son Carter has a bounce house that they all loved. I told Lucian I think we may need one of these. It was really fun and Nicole has a great back yard for such toys.

Carter and Nate bouncing it up

All of the kids got along really well. In this photo, everyone was crawling (in their jammies) behind Claire in a big train. She had stopped at the window to look outside.
On Saturday, after a lazy morning at home and a marathon nap from Claire we headed out to the Rochester zoo. It's fairly small, but was perfect for the young kids and the amount of time we had.

Here's Claire and I at the tiger cage

Nicole's parents joined us for a cookout in celebration of her birthday (which was on Thursday). Krista and I were happy to be there too.

Sunday we headed to the Strong National Museum of Play. This place was insane. They had floors of exhibits, fish tanks, Sesame Street sets, a train, a pirate ship, a carousel, sand... too much to mention. Claire was a little young for most of it, but they had a fun soft crawling area for the little ones.

We stopped at the food court for lunch where I discovered Claire knows how to use a straw! She had her first sip of juice.

Riding the carousel before we left. Claire loved it!

We retreated to the back yard again in the afternoon. It was a little chilly for pools, but not the bounce house. Claire thought it was great.


And then it was Monday. This is Claire at the airport waiting for our delayed flight. We sprinted to our connection upon landing in Detroit. She was a trooper and they held the plane for a few passengers in my exact situation. Right before we landed, Claire let me know I had given her too many yogurt snacks by throwing up purple on my shoulder. They were keeping her busy so I kept letting her eat. Lesson learned.


I had a fabulous time catching up with my friends and we vowed to not let 4 years go by again. It's funny how with really great friends it's like no time has passed at all. I must say our activities are way different than our college days, but I loved every minute of this trip. Thanks Krista and Nicole. Let's start planning the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful!!!!!! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you're such a great writer and a great mom. Letting Claire puke purple on you is a badge of courage. What a doll she is. Thanks so much for this blog.

    ReplyDelete