Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I will start by saying I think all weekends should last 3 days. I would be a much happier and more productive individual. Eventually, I fear, 3 days would not feel long enough and I would crave 4. Then 5. Perhaps that will work out someday, but for now I am back at work counting the days until the weekend.

We had a very relaxing Memorial Day weekend. Nothing too exciting. I caught up on laundry, went for lots of walks, planted some flowers, ran errands, enjoyed a cook out at Lucian's parents' and hung out with my baby girl. I'm really missing her today.

Auntie M visited Saturday and brought Claire another new outfit. I think she bought her something at the outlet mall yesterday too. She is one spoiled (and well dressed) niece:)

Claire wasn't in the mood to smile, so Auntie M joined in. Whose hair do you think is longer?


We spent a lot of time outside enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend. Here's a few shots of Claire in her PJs on the deck before bed. We were discussing the need for a baby pool for Claire, I think she would love it.


So big!


Lucian's big ride is less than a week away. Thanks to Blanca's delicious baking and some generous individuals, he has met his fund raising goal! Thank you to everyone who was able to contribute. Your generosity is much appreciated.

The weekend, for him, consisted of 3 group rides, packing and final supply shopping. He flies out Friday and will ride Sunday to Saturday. I'll post some updates here and I know he will use Facebook as well. I am very excited for him and a little nervous to be on my own for a week. Luckily Nana Barb and Grandpa Joe are coming up as reinforcements:)

A couple riding shots from the weekend



This was the scene in our kitchen last night. Lucian packing his daily supplies: energy gels, drink mixes, vitamins etc.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that is super impressive. I can't wait to read the updates of his week!

    BTW your backyard is super cute!

    ReplyDelete