Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekend Roundup

The majority of our weekend was pretty low key. Lucian was home with the kiddos on Friday (daycare was closed). I ordered a new pool for the back yard after our little inflatable wouldn't stay inflated any longer. We can all fit in this pool, which has been rather appealing with the heat wave this summer.

We set it up Friday night. I ran hose from the basement faucet out the window so it would be warm for Claire, something my dad used to do for us as kids. We lounged after lunch on Saturday as well.




 Our daycare family gave us some floaties for Claire. They were a big hit.

On Sunday, my sister and I headed to Rockford with the kids to celebrate my grandma's birthday. Grandma Mary loves Claire, so I think it meant a lot to her that we were there.

Claire bonded with my cousin's son, Gavin. I think the two operate at about the same energy level, so they came up with plenty of activities to keep themselves busy. This was an imaginary snack stand as well as a resting station from running laps.

Running laps

My grandma turned 86 this year. Happy birthday Mary Ellen.

 Claire also had a great time coloring with Gavin's sister Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment