Monday, January 23, 2012

Keeping Up Is Hard To Do

Where to begin? Two young ones at home has certainly added to our lives. Kudos to all you parents out there, it's an exhausting job. Kyle is wonderfully sweet and we so enjoy snuggling with him. He is pretty laid back and has a very squeaky cry.

With Lucian back at work, I am learning to balance a newborn and a 2-year old on my own. I've ventured out to run a few errands with both of them (grocery shopping this morning). It is a bit more challenging and I'm adjusting to the fact that it takes me 3 times as long. I much prefer when Lucian is with me:)

Claire is getting over her jealousy and continues to hug, kiss and care for her little bro. Our biggest issue is teaching her what gentle really means when she is touching Kyle or crawling around near him. Here she is "entertaining" Kyle with a finger puppet. See what I mean?We've tried to do some special things for Claire to help her adapt to her new role/position in the family. I must say, she is doing great.

We played outside in the first big snow.
Nana Barb and Papa Joe came to visit. Papa was pushing her in a laundry basket.
And we went shopping for a princess dress.
Below are highlights of some restaurant outings. We celebrated Lucian and Papa Dave's birthdays out for sushi with Lucian's family. Lucian's birthday is today, so the kids and I are meeting him out later for Vietnamese food.
On Saturday, Lucian and I ate out with Claire and Kyle, our first solo attempt. Both of them were amazingly well behaved. Here's Claire enjoying some ice cream.
Sorry this post is a little choppy. It's been been hard to keep up and there's so much I'd like to share. We'll see how things progress.

2 comments: