Monday, December 19, 2011

The Countdown Begins

In the back of my mind, I've been focusing on making it until Christmas before baby boy McAfee arrives. There are plenty of things I need to get in order at work, some cleaning and furniture arranging at home, and general holiday preparations (gift buying and wrapping, baking, etc.). Oh, and choosing his name! We are still waffling. Realizing this weekend that Christmas is nearly here, I started to freak out a little.

Friday night I stayed up late wrapping all the gifts I had purchased. I was feeling pretty miserable and seriously wondered if this baby would make an appearance over the weekend. He did not. I finished gift shopping and wrapping last night, got my hair cut, got a pedicure (I need pretty toes to look at while in labor:) and I'm almost done packing my hospital bag. There is still cleaning and furniture arranging to take care of, but I suppose I could tell people what I want done while sitting cuddling our new baby at home. All in all, we are nearly ready.

Aside from the above, here's a few highlights from our weekend. Lucian participated in a bike ride called the Santa Rampage on Saturday. He and several hundred of his closest friends dressed like Santa and cycled around the city stopping at a few establishments for food and libations. A good time was had by all, although I think I put a slight damper on Lucian's time with planting the seed that baby may make an appearance this weekend. (I was feeling better Saturday and even better Sunday.) Sorry Lucian.


Aunt Mimi, my personal shopper, picked up a waffle iron for us on black Friday. We opened the box Sunday morning and enjoyed a great breakfast.
Claire chose whipped cream and chocolate chips for her toppings.
I went with syrup, powdered sugar, coconut flakes, butterscotch chips and whipped cream. Nothing fancy;)

After our breakfast feast, we headed to an ice rink to watch our friend Cait play hockey. There was also a speed skating event taking place, which was pretty cool to watch. We're lucky to have an Olympic training facility right in our backyard. Lucian used to opportunity to take a some cool photos.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you in the coming days/weeks!!! When is your actual due date again?? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne. Jan. 6th is the day. We'll see when he decides to make an appearance:)

    ReplyDelete