Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flying Solo

I've been concentrating my recent posts around Lucian's ride, but here is what we have been up to. On Saturday night, Aunt Mimi hosted a BBQ that we attended with Nana Barb and Papa Joe. They came up to help me a little over the weekend.

Sitting by the fire
And what are summer fires good for? S'mores of course! Claire was a fan.
And so was I
She also sampled an Oreo while playing with a nerf gun
My goal on Sunday was to get our garden weeded and planted for the year. Nana and Papa watched Claire while I went to the nursery in the morning. They then helped me watch her and plant and it all got done! We have tomatoes, basil, thyme, rosemary and sage. And I planted annuals in all our decorative planters around the house. It felt really good to get that accomplished. Thanks mom and dad!

Claire had fun helping out with the planting. She liked wearing gloves and digging in the flower pots.


So far things are going pretty smooth this week. Tonight we met Sydney (and Amanda) out for dinner. The girls shared some mac and cheese.

We also got some frozen yogurt.
Claire was brushing her own hair tonight after her bath. She hates it when I do it lately.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of credit to you! Solo mom is tough work. I have enjoyed readi g all about Lucians trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting rare to see the teething ring!

    ReplyDelete