Monday, July 12, 2010

Rockford Trip

This weekend Claire and I traveled to Rockford so I could attend a baby shower for a good friend. She is expecting a baby boy in September, I'm very excited for them. I timed my driving to coordinate with Claire's naps. It's nice that she now has a fairly predictable schedule to work with. I scurried about Saturday morning so we could be on the road at 9am. My plan worked out and she slept the majority of the way. I talked to her and sang the rest of time and she did great. She even played peek-a-boo with me, holding a blanket up and then dropping it revealing a big smile.

Upon arriving, Nana Barb made Claire a grilled cheese sandwich and she dined in my childhood high chair. I liked that my parents hung onto it, and even more so that I didn't have to travel with one! Here's the cutie pie lunching on Sunday.



My parents watched Claire while I attended the shower. I would have loved to bring her, but the shower occurred exactly when she takes a long afternoon nap. She slept for over 2 hours while I was gone, assuring me that was the right decision.

Grandpa playing on the floor. Don't be fooled, she isn't very interested in toys any more. She wanders about grabbing magazines, books, picture frames and anything else placed at a low level in the house.

Claire loves to unpack bags. This one actually had her stuff in it.

Big girl cruising. It's so strange to me to see photos of her standing now. Where is my baby girl?!!

I like this shot because it shows off her blue eyes.

I was trying to take some photos before I left and Claire crawled over and pulled herself up on me.

I even managed to get a kiss.Claire slept the whole drive back on Sunday. I coordinated again with her 1:00 nap. We went graocery shopping for the week and Claire helped me unpack.

2 comments:

  1. She is so so cute! How do you get her to nap so well???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie. I think her good napping habits come from daycare, to be quite honest. She still isn't sleeping through the night if that says anything about her parents!

    ReplyDelete